Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Early Riser: BSI News!

This morning I got up rather early... I cleaned my stuff out of the dresser my roommate and I shared, as she's moving on Wednesday, and organized it a little bit--though I'm moving soon too.

I went downstairs and put steel-cut oats on the boil. 1/4 cup steel cut oats, about 1/4 cup raisins, 1 stick of cinnamon and a few drops of vanilla.. I also stirred in/snacked on about a tablespoon of cashew butter. While waiting for it to cook, as it takes a good while, I cut up another canteloupe ($1.80 and oh so delicious, I couldn't refuse..) and had the skins again, and a little bit to snack on. I drank two cups of Earl Grey while waiting for my oats. Finally, they were ready (at 7am):

APRIL21A

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention. My Sinless Lemon Granita won this week's BSI Challenge!!! I'm so excited, pleased, and flattered. This week's BSI Challenge is hosted by To Be the Whole Package and the secret ingredient is ALMONDS! At first I wasn't sure what to do, but then I remembered just how diverse an ingredient almonds are in Spain, and it came to me. You'll have to wait and see what I make, but this one's going to hit close to home. I hope I make my family proud. ;)

1 comment:

A Toronto girl out West said...

Wooohoo!!! I'm SUPER excited to see what you come up with! :o)