Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Healthy Eating Begins

This morning rather than toast and margarine, or anything of the like, I had 1/2 cup unsweetened organic muesli (Stephano's Bakery) and almond milk. I also had about 2 tsp of cashew butter and 1-2 tsp of flax seed. So full--it put me right back to sleep till 10am!!! (That's RIDICULOUS for me. That means I slept about 2-6 and then 8-10... so six hours. This makes me happy!)
APRIL22A
I quickly got ready and ran to the gym. Not to work out though--to buy my very own crockpot!! Someone who works in the same building as the U of T gym I go to had listed a 1.4L crockpot on craigslist for $10. Brand spanking new! It was a gift from her sister, but her boyfriend had a big one and she moved in with him right after she got the gift. Works for me!!
APRIL22B
This is perfect, I'll be able to cook steel cut oats overnight, and.. other.. food. Well its the right size, so yeah yeah!

I sauteed a few cloves of garlic and two onions in olive oil and mixed it with frozen corn, frozen broccoli, very well rinsed canned chickpeas, and some organic roasted garlic pasta sauce (zero sugar! Just organic goodness. Honestly this is my favourite pasta sauce, it just happens to be healthy.)

I left it to sit, and am excited for dinner. For lunch I just had what was left of the pasta sauce and chickpeas (about a cup of each) mixed up and wolfed down. Along with about 2 tbsp of guacamole from last night. I'm STUFFED. But I feel great. :)

HAPPY EARTH DAY BY THE WAY!!

No comments: