Monday, April 13, 2009

Day 1

This morning I waited until 7:30 to eat by taking a shower first... it made my hunger a lot less urgent (usually when I wake up my body is screaming FOOD) and I ended up even clicking around online until I truly was hungry agan. Then I served myself the second half of the 95% fat free garlic and herb cream cheese sammich (on potato bread from easter mmm... so white but so good), an apple, a grapefruit I had mistaken as an orange until cut, vanilla earl grey tea and a small bowl of oat bran.. both with unsweetened almond milk.

I put ginger in my oat bran and went to add cinnamon post-photo, causing my bottle of organic vanilla to fall and shatter. Luckily it was almost empty but still. :(

APRIL13A
I took a quick 1h nap before doing the kitchen chore and then heading out to study, having a snack of a peach with 100g of Source peach yogurt and some pumpkin seeds and goji berries. Oh, and a little bit of nori. ^__^

APRIL13BAPRIL13C
Lunch was at 1pm with my dad--we went to an an indian buffet. I loaded up with salad, and tried a small dollop of most of the veggie dishes. Not pictured is the quarter piece of naan I had, and the small plate of cantaloupe, an orange slice or two, and a small dollop of rice pudding. It was very satisfying. :)

APRIL13D
I studied some more and then had a pre-gym snack.
APRIL13E
Went on the elliptical for 30 minutes (300ish calories) and did a bunch of crunches and some back exercises.

Dinner was leftover oyster mushrooms, and some green beans and portobello mushrooms with a balsamic vinaigrette... for dessert I had one more serving of yogurt, with some ground sprouted flax and chia seeds, and some frozen berries. To cap it all I had some homemade, sugarfree cocoa.

APRIL13F
APRIL13G
Balsamic Green Beans and Portobello Mushrooms

1 generous handful green beans
1 large portobello mushroom
1 leek, chopped up
3 cloves garlic
olive oil to pan fry
4 tsp balsamic vinaigrette (approx half/half balsamic vinegar plus olive oil, with some salt and pepper to taste)

Preheat the oven to 450F. Toss the trimmed green beans and roughly chopped portobello in a baking pan. Pan fry the garlic and chopped up leek until golden, add to the pan and toss with the green beans and portobello. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette and cover with tinfoil. Bake until tender.

Sugarfree Hot Cocoa
makes one very large mug full

1T cocoa powder
1/3 c. sugarfree almond milk
1 c. water
2-4tsp sweetener of choice (to taste)
1 drop real vanilla

blend cocoa powder, sweetener, and as much almond milk in a pot as needed in order to make a paste. Add water and stir on medium heat till hot; pour into mug. Add in rest of almond milk to cool a bit, and sip away happily. (If you're not sure how sweet you want it, add sweetener at the end rather than at the beginning. Alternatively you can blend in a mug and just add boiling water, but the taste doesn't develop as well. Adjust the amount of water to taste--I like it somewhat watery. Feel free to add protein powder if you want an extra bit of protein!)

PS So I guess this is almost like a diary, judging by the fact I document my day give or take.. chances are it will stay like this, so I wont be offended if you don't wanna follow it. ;)

No comments: