Saturday, April 18, 2009

Today is looking delicious

APRIL18C
So this morning I started off my day with a parfait I made last night. It has 0% plain yogurt, quick oats, frozen berries, maple syrup, more yogurt, and flax seeds. This morning I topped it with a strawberry. Overnight the berries had thawed and moistened the oats so they were wonderfully chewy.. It was an amazing treat. I was still hungry afterwards so I got anther bit of yogurt, added some flax seed (I got new flax seed! Its so wonderfully nutty and NOT rancid.. it says it doesn't need refrigeration?? Works for me..)
APRIL18D
APRIL18E
I also cut up 1/2lb of strawberries (on sale for 1.66 per lb!) and ate that happily with some tea.

I already have my lunch ready, I packed it last night; a salad of baby spinach, diced tomatoes (sitting in fat free sundried tomato salad dressing) and cut up carrots (I made a carrot dip by mixing some of the fat free dressing with fat free mayo--delish.) I also made a sandwich with rye, spinach, tomato, mayo, mustard, and a chickpea spread--in retrospect I should have used one of the million recipes for mock tuna salad, but I came close I suppose. Chickpea, mayo, lemon, cumin, garlic.. That with a grapefruit: in all I'm excited for lunch!

APRIL18A
APRIL18B

No comments: