Monday, April 27, 2009

Well, my date last night went so well dinner ended up being a few pieces of (wonderfully well) roasted butternut squash (from a rather miniscule salad), a few pine nuts, and half a glass of wine (and my mint tea tasted sweetened, so I only had a small cup to be polite..) Honestly, its not because I was trying to not eat--its because we were so busy talking and enjoying ourselves that I really wasn't hungry: I was too focused on the 'else'. I did realize I was hungry when I got home and drank the broth from the lentils I cooked in my slow cooker, plus had a spoonful or two of lentils, and I ate a few apple pieces as I cut up a granny smith for today's breakfast.

Today's oatmeal was DIVINE. It smelt lovely and tasted even better. I cut up a small granny smith with between 1/2 to 1/3 a cup of steel cut oats, about about 4 parts water to the oats. I cooked that on light for about 7 hours and by the end it was a lot less liquid than usual--but thats ok. It tasted like apple crumble!! Mmm. I didn't need to sweeten it at all, the apple took care of that.. I just added some flax, cinnamon, and walnuts and was good to go! After one bite I was in love. I went out and bought some pecans for tomorrow, because I feel that would taste even better, but goodness--this is YUMMY.

APRIL27A
It was so good after my first bite I had to take another photo because I didnt know how else to convey to you my delight!
APRIL27B
I had an impromptu snack-turn-lunch at 11:30 or so, so I didn't photograph it. I had the two remaining falafel patties, a tbsp or so of baba ganoosh, a few small clementines, and 3 bowls of puffed millet with cinnamon, and one cup of hot cocoa, plus a handful of almonds and a tsp or so of pumpkin nut butter. It was a little haphazard and random, because I was chatting with friends, but I sure am suffed full.

2 comments:

hillary said...

mmm! cinnamon, apples and walnuts are a quite possibly the greatest topping combo ever. i've begun cooking sliced banana into my oatmeal..it gives the oatmeal a great natural sweetness!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

oh.... you have some amazing breakfast combo!!! I'll dig more into it!! :)