Friday, May 1, 2009

Ack. 3 days without posting.. really?!

I'm so sorry guys: I keep meaning to, I even have a few rough drafts saved.. the thing is I've had two exams (one which was the worst I've ever written.. and worth 50% of my final grade.. the other I did well on though..) and I've moved these past days. I'm currently exhausted (someone just called and asked for my brother. I hung up on them without a word. It took me a second to realize what I'd just done, find my brother, and get him to find out who it was..)

I just spent the past 9 hours arranging my apartment at my parents'--yes, after eight months at the sorority house, I've moved back. My parents and I love each other dearly, but we clash. (First thing my mother said when she saw me was "your eyebrows make your face look really round. In a bad way." Thanks mom. "Well its true: I wouldn't lie to you."

That being said, I'm counting on my trips to the field, my social life, the gym, this blog, and their trip to europe to keep me sane. I love the new arrangement of my room though, it was well worth the effort!

I do have photos of the past few days' worth of food. So here is another photo-log. I'm way too overwhelmed to properly touch up the photos, so you'll have to excuse them a bit: I really just want to get them up and this post up, so that I can start fresh tomorrow!

April 27th. I was in such a rush studyig I didn't have time to grate my zucchini into spaghetti for dinner, so I made them medallions instead! With past sauce and avocado.
APRIL27C

April 28th. Spent the day at the library. Had some apple steel cut oats with pecans and the last of my cinnamon! Yummm.
APRIL28A
Made some lentil "tabbouleh" and brought along some munchies for studying on at the library.
APRIL28B

April 29th. Studying for the exam that I ended up doing horribly on anyway. I ate at my college dining hall for lunch and dinner. All I have to show is brekfast.
APRIL29A I didn't even have cinnamon. My day was just not good.

April 30th. I got up early to study for my exam today.. started with a bowl of oat bran, as I ran out of steel cuts the day before. It was goopy like the first time, but without the cinnamon it was just fine. Again there was way too much so I saved a bowl for later. I had half a grapefruit with it.
APRIL30A
When I got hungry later I finished my grapefruit and my oats.. I decided to spread seed butter and sugarfree jam on it: closest thing to a PbNJ in oatmeal form. It was delish. I was so hungry I ended up having some puffed millet too!
APRIL30BAPRIL30C
Lunch was a nice big salad, and half a can of Amy's Black Bean Soup.
APRIL30D

Did so much better on my exam today!! To celebrate afterwards I went for a walk in Kensington. Bought two whole nutmeg and enough cinnamon to fully refill my cinnamon jar for only 60 cents! I also bought a vintage purse for $15 (mine was getting REALLY ratty) and two pomelo for a dollar in chinatown. I shared one pumelo with a friend at the sorority when I got home (one of the most unlikely friends I've ever had, and one of the dearest... we bonded over pumelo). I also bought a bag of Barbeque Power Pop while I was there, for 99 cents, and was amazed at how good it is. Its gluten free, sugar free, and high protein. Yum! I wouldn't run out to stock up, but I'm glad I got to try it.

Then I went home and all by my lonesome spent the next five hours taking apart my room and packing it into my car. Got home at 11:30 and passed out (after puting the perishables away.) Before I passed out though, I found a letter for me....
APRIL30E
Yay!!! Krista sent me two grocery gift cards as my prize for the BMI challenge. THANK YOU!!!! I do enjoy lemons, but I enjoy the fact I can buy fresh ones with these cards. It's hard to find lemon anything without a million pounds of sugar, if its pre-made!

My dad asked me about the contest so I told him about it, and mentioned that I'd been planning on doing the Pastis de Santiago for the almond entry, which is why I had been trying to find almond meal. He seemed to like that I enter these contests: my parents are convinced I'm anorexic, so anything that reaffirms to them that I eat is a good thing.

May 1st.
I woke up at 6:30am and started to sort things, unfortunately I woke my dad up and he came down bleary eyed and asked me to be quiet.. he also asked me if I ever slept. I thought about it and had to admit, I tend to sleep about four hours a night.. though usually I'll nap 1-2hours a day... I hear sleeping is good for you though, I wish I could convince my body to do more of it in one go.
I went grocery shopping for my parents instead, since I saw they were out of milk... I got back at the much more decent hour of 7:30am and took a shower and then had breakky... rice cakes; one with PbnJ (I know I'm avoiding peanut butter, but they have a maranatha jar open and no one else in my family will touch organic PB) and one with 95% fat free garlic and herb cream cheese. I also had a banana and some nuts. Mmmm. I was so full after this, strangely (you'd think oatmeal was more filling, which I'm used to?)
MAY1A
I got to work at my room and stopped for lunch at 11:30 or so. I tried Amy's Sheppards Pie, and had some veggies and tbsp or two of Wendy and Barb's Skinny Dips Baba Ganoosh.
MAY1BMAY1CNow that's quality microwave food. I'm not a fan of not preparing things myself, but on days like today when I'm really pressed for time, this is amazing.

Dessert was a few pieces of those bananas I froze last time, the 6 for 79 cents one.. wow were they AMAZING. Along with a few of those little mandarins I showed you back when, they're sooo cute.
MAY1D
Later I got hungry so I had liberte fat free yogurt as a snack.. I found out why its denser in calories: this thing is thick like full-fat! It was really good, especially with some frozen fruit.
MAY1E
I was still hungry after so I ate some more veggies and dip, and then split the second pumelo (I ate most of it) with my mom.
Finally, my room is done.. ahh.. well, here comes the summer, and I couldn't ask for a more gorgeous place to be than my parents'.
MAY1F

PS, tomorrow is weigh in day.

PPS: NEWS BULLETIN.

1. Diet Dessert n Dogs is having a cookbook giveaway!! Her cookbook is gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free. How neat is that?!

2. Food2.com is having a gift basket giveaway. What I would ever do with all that junkfood I don't know, but I agreed to mention it anyway, so here it is!

2 comments:

Krista said...

WOW! All your food looks great!!!

I bet you're glad exams are over, eh???

Glad you liked the idea of gift cards! ;)

Manda said...

unfortunately I yet have one to go--it's monday evening!

And then I start work Tuesday morning! Really excited for work, actually!