Friday, May 8, 2009

Virginia!!!

So we made it--after 14 hours of driving on Wednesday (I ate very little: sitting doesn't work up an appetite, so nothing to report..) we arrived in Blandy, VA.. Grocery shopping was a blast-so many products I couldn't get in Toronto.. including different flavors of Lara Bars!! I bought any ones I saw that I couldn't get in TO--Chocolate Raspberry, Iced Oatmeal Raisin, and Chocolate Peppermint Stick. I'm excited!...
MAY6

Thursday started with a run outdoors (30 min)--becuase of the gravel I managed to avoid shin splints. Purely blissful! Breakfast was plain yogurt by "La Yogurt" which I found incredibly sweet despite the lack of sweetening.. on the nutrition label there is a surprising amount of sugar, but the ingredients list no sweeteners (in fact its just skim milk and bacteria..) well anyway, I had that with rolled oats, softened overnight, and almonds. I also had some hazelnut nut-thins with low fat strawberry cream cheese... mmmmm....
MAY7A
I got to work, and broke for lunch--a nice big salad with olives, carrots, egg whites and "Walden Farms Calorie Free Blue Cheese Dressing" to be honest its just the first lower calorie dressing I saw--I didn't realize it as zero calorie until I got home. Luckily this is MUCH better than their peanut butter (what a disaster that was) and I actually quite like it. I also had some hazelnut nut thins with strawberry cream cheese again!
MAY7B
After lunc we went back to work, but we took a quick break to go for a small walk... I got to wear my raincoat (It pours here twice a day!!)
MAY7C
Dinner was a head of broccoli, raw, and some sweet potato, again raw. The graduate student I'm working for bought natural peanut butter with honey, and lacking an unsweetened alternative I took some of that to go with my sweet potato. I used the bleu cheese dressing for my broccoli. I also had a dolmata and an olive or two (unfotographed).
MAY7D
Dessert was one of the Luna Bars--it was just like dessert too. I'm actually not crazy for it, but it was good at the time. I had it with a big glass of almond milk.
MAY7E
I finished the evening with a few fingers of wine.
MAY7F

This morning I went for a slightly longer run (35 min). For breakfast I had a little over half an Iced Oatmeal Raisin Luna Bar, a banana, some walnuts, and 1/3 to 1/2 a cup of yogurt.
MAY8A
I ended up deciding It was better mixed up and smooshed a bit, with some almond milk. Yum. Some of that honey/peanut butter would've gone really well but I had already put walnuts in and didn't want to overdo my nut intake. Maybe tomorrow!
MAY8B

Well, that's all for now--I'll likely post tomorrow morning, if not this evening--work leaves me POOPED.

3 comments:

Krista said...

I'm so jelaous of your American shopping adventures!!!

Cute raincoat!

plentifulplants said...

Lucky you with your shopping adventures.

Are you staying in Virginia all summer? Because I thought you would be working at UofT...and I was going to make a PB2 run next week ;_;

Happy Hollow said...

I had no idea you could eat raw sweet potato! How is it that way? I'd imagine it'd hurt my stomach but I have no idea why that idea's in my head...